A Web-Based Application
Shop Boss is a fully web-based garage management software application requiring no installation on any computer.
In addition, we allow unlimited number of users to log into your account. Also, you can login from any location including the home-office, or even while on vacation. This will enable you to stay in touch with your business on an ongoing basis. Shop Boss is available anywhere you have an Internet connection. You can also use Shop Boss on almost any type of device. From laptops to tablets, from smart phones to desktop computers, Shop Boss is there to assist you in managing your business.
Any computer connected to the internet can take advantage of the web based platform and there’s no need for downloading software or being stuck in one location within your shop.
What is web-based software and how can it benefit your business?
Historically, companies were required to buy, build, and maintain their IT infrastructures despite exponential costs. Shop Boss Pro gives companies an alternative. We have taken garage management software to a whole new level. Now, they can plug in and subscribe to our service built on shared infrastructure via the Internet. The Shop Boss Pro model has flourished in recent years because of the many benefits it offers to businesses of all sizes and types. Here’s what’s driving customers to take advantage of Shop Boss Pro and the unique services and features:
- Because we manage all updates and upgrades, there are no patches for customers to download or install. We also manage availability, so there’s no need for customers to add hardware, software, or bandwidth as the user base grows.
- Shop Boss Pro is available from any computer or any device—any time, anywhere. Because most people are familiar with using the Internet to find what they need, Shop Boss Pro has a lower learning curve.
- Shop Boss Pro is subscription based. No license fees mean lower initial costs. Having the Shop Boss Pro manage the IT infrastructure means lower IT costs for hardware, software, and the people needed to manage it all.
- Shop Boss Pro features are easy to use since they already come with best practices and samples inside it. Users can do proof of concepts and test the software functionality or a new release feature in advance. Also, they can have more than one instance with different versions and do a smooth migration. Even for large environments, users can use Shop Boss Pro to test the software before buy it.
- Because the IT infrastructure, and your data, resides in our datacenter, if some form of disaster should strike your business premises, you can get back up and running relatively easily from any location with internet-connected computers.
- Pay Only for What You Use─Often, IT organizations will over estimate the actual software utilization by the end-user community. For example, an IT organization may forecast an active end-user community for a particular application to grow to 10,000 employees within a year. However, customization and implementation delays may result in only 500 employees actually using the software a year later. With Shop Boss Pro, corporate buyers only pay for the active users of the system–not the forecasted user community.