SHOP BOSS PRO
Last updated and effective, April 1, 2018
Your California privacy rights California residents that have an established business relationship with CSB are entitled by law to ask CSB once a year for CSB’s opt-out and out-in policies of sharing Customer Personal Information with other companies (including our Affiliates, companies that are related to CSB by common ownership or control) for their own marketing purposes. OUR POLICY IS CLEARLY STATED HERE: CSB does not share any Personal Information with Affiliates or third parties for their own marketing or advertising purposes. CSB’S Site simply allows a Shop Owner to access their own Customer’s Personal Information as part of the Shop Owner’s regular operations, and such sharing is with the knowledge and the prior consent of the Customer. 2 Please send Customer’s written request via email or postal mail following the instructions below. CSB will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile. CSB will not respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- For all requests, include your full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- In your email request, you must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In a postal request, you must send a letter or post card to:
9915 Businesspark Ave STE C
San Diego, CA. 92131
III. Personal Information
Personal Information is the information a User provides to the Site voluntarily or passively and which is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. We may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, fill out a form, conduct a transaction with a Shop Owner, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for first and last name, name of company, email address, postal address, and landline and/or mobile phone number. A Shop Owner will also request information related to a Customer’s service as applicable, without limitation, model and make of vehicle/equipment, VIN, serial number(s), license plate number, odometer readings, photos/videos and/or PDFs related to your service. A Shop Owner may also collect a Customer’s credit/debit card account number or other financial data for processing payments via our secured Site or remotely via our secured online payment app. Users may also visit our Site anonymously and can always refuse to supply Personal Information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities and hinder certain operations. IP address and other persistent device identifiers such as cookies, plus the nature of any of User devices or other personal property using the Site, and web-browsing or app usage history are traditionally classified as Non-Personal Information but could be classified as Personal Information when such information is either 1) linked to a specific person, computer or device; 2) is required by applicable law to be classified as Personal Information; or 3) is combined with other Personal Information.
IV. Non-Personal Information
We may collect non-Personal Information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-Personal Information may include an IP Address, the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We may share generic aggregated demographic information regarding Users not linked to any individual User with our business partners, trusted Affiliates, Shop Owners and advertisers for the purposes outlined below. Such generic information cannot identify a specific User. Our Site may use “cookies” to personalize and enhance User experience. Cookies alone do not contain Personal Information unless you or a third party gives us Personal Information which may be linked to the data in the cookie. For example, we may use a cookie to remember your password and Shop Boss ID when accessing your profile on the Site, or a Customer’s service record.
V. How we use Personal Information CSB uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- – To communicate with you We will communicate with a User, and a Shop Owner will communicate with their Customer, if the User/Customer has provided his/her email address, or residential or mobile phone number as part of a transaction with us or a Shop Owner, the User/Customer has provided his/her prior express consent to email or call/text the User/Customer about the use of the Site or product improvements or upgrades, and other related-transactional information about User/Customer’s service. We may also contact a User/Customer via postal mail for the same reasons.
- – To improve customer service and communicate Information Users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- – To personalize user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- – To improve our Site We may use aggregate information and feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- – To process payments We may use the information Users/Customers provide when placing an order to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with other third parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service and complete the transaction. Other examples of the use of our Site for sharing User Personal Information are listed below:
- – CARFAX – Shop Owners who elect to enlist with our CARFAX integration allow repair data about a vehicle to be reported to CARFAX
- – 3rd Party customer representative management services such as Kukui and EService Intelligence collect data only when requested by the Shop Owner. Such Personal Information includes Customer’s contact information (address, phone number, mobile number, and email), vehicle information and maintenance or repair services performed by Shop Owner
- – Other third party services when requested by a Shop Owner that will help update or remind Customers of service or payment due
VI. Do Not Track Signals
While we do not respond to Do Not Track signals from browsers, all information collected is for internal use and is not shared with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes except as requested or consented to by the User.
VII. How we protect Personal Information
We adopt reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information, transaction information and data stored on our Site. All data, including sensitive and private data exchange (such as credit/debit card numbers) between the Site and its Users is transmitted over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Payment information is also submitted via a secured gateway under the direction of the Shop Owner and directly transmitted to a secured third party payment processing company.
How we share Personal Information We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ Personal Information to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes. We will share a User’s Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To Our Shop Owners. Shop Owners who engage CSB’s services will have access to any of their Customer’s Personal Information and non-sensitive Personal Information the Shop Owner submits to our Site, including interaction with the Customer.
- To Our Affiliates. CSB may rely on various affiliated entities in order to provide the Service to Customers. CSB may share Personal Information and Non-Personal Information with any of its Affiliates for business, operational, and/or CSB’s own promotional, marketing and advertising purposes.
- To Operational Service Providers: CSB and its Affiliates may contract with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on CSB’s behalf and need to share Personal Information to provide products or services to Users and/or our Shop Owners. For example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process a Shop Owner’s ACH or credit card transactions, or we may contract with third parties to assist a Shop Owner to make remote payments from its Customers using the Shop Owner’s own computer and browser. We do not grant our Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist CSB or a Shop Owner.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: CSB may choose to buy or sell assets, or CSB may sell assets or be sold. Also, if CSB (or CSB’s assets) are acquired, or CSB goes out of business, enters bankruptcy, or goes through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information would be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: CSB reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information to which CSB has access if CSB is required by law, regulation or legal process to do so, or if CSB has a good faith belief that CSB is required by law, regulation or legal process to do so.
How Users can review, modify, update or delete their Account Users that register on the CSB Site may review, modify, or update their Account, and delete their Account from active status by logging into the Shop Boss shop management application, then navigating to Settings -> Account Settings where the shops account may be updated. Shop Owners must contact CSB directly via email, support ticket or live chat to de-activate their Account. We will not delete the Account in full, nor any Personal Information associated with the Account, given the need to preserve business records and transactions for legal purposes. We will retain Account information for at least two (2) years.
X. Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the websites and services of our Affiliates, Shop Owners, partners, suppliers, licensors and other third parties. You understand, acknowledge and agree that we do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service practices. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
XII. Contacting us
9915 Businesspark Ave STE C
San Diego, CA. 92131
Copyright © 2018 CSB Technologies Inc. – All Rights Reserved